Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Remembrance Day

It's been a long time since I last posted. To be perfectly honest, I just didn't have anything to say. But I'm here today because today is close to my heart and I couldn't be silent.

Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. Actually, the whole month of October is, but the 15th is seen as the international day to remember the little ones that have gone too soon. I didn't know this day existed until Zuri passed away. I had been sort of looking forward to today as it provided a chance to feel connected with other bereaved parents as we all take a moment to remember our children. Now that the day is here there are so many thoughts that are swirling through my head...

I miss my babies
Thank you God for the time that You gave us with them
One day we'll be together again; I'm looking forward to that day
You will always be loved, my little ones

The scripture that keeps coming to my mind that is bringing so much comfort is from Isaiah 25:8, "He will swallow up death forever, And the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces...". This life is temporary, but on the days when the pain is just too great, I rely on the Lord who is my strength and my refuge.

If you are looking for some ways to remember your little ones today here are a few ideas:

- Release balloons 
- Make a donation in honor of your child
- Perform a Random Act of Kindness in honor of your child
- Plant a rose bush, tree, or other plant that will make you smile whenever you look at it

Tonight Derek and I will be lighting two candles to join in the Wave of Light


In an effort to do my part to break the silence and raise awareness for this day, I just want to encourage those out there that might know someone who has gone through a loss. Whether the loss was recent or some time ago, it's okay to let them know that you have not forgotten their children. We are called to "rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn". 

Be blessed, friends. 

                                                                             *****

As most of you already know, via our Facebook post, Derek and I are excited to share that hopefully our family will be expanding again. There is hope in the midst of this difficult journey, but being pregnant after a loss is a journey of its own. Recently I was asked to join a wonderful group of ladies who share their experiences with pregnancy after loss, so I'm also blogging weekly over at Pregnancy After Loss Support, feel free to check it out. But don't you worry, Hippy Momma followers, I'll be sharing my journey here as well in the next few weeks. Until then, I just want to say thank you for all the love and support that you have poured out to us. It means so much to know that we are not alone in this. 



1 comment :

  1. We'll be lighting a candle here too. Thinking of you today, and so glad to have met you!

    ReplyDelete