Friday, July 25, 2014

Life Lately+Decor Help


cerca July 11 aka Cow Appreciation Day (aka free food day)


So we have this big blank space above our tv. 
I've been wanting to put something in this space for a really long time but I've gone back and forth about what to put there. For a long time I thought I was settled on making a sunburst mirror, I even collected all of the required items. That was last year, and still- no sunburst mirror. Then today, I saw that A Beautiful Mess was talking about this awesome mural fence they made for their office house backyard and I was smitten. 


It reminded me of a another art piece I'd since on Vintage Revivals


and the DIY wheels started turning in my head. I'm still not entirely sure where I'm going with these inspirations, but I think today will be an artsy project kind of day. I don't know, what say ya'll? Am I headed in a good direction, or should I turn back as fast as possible? I lack confidence when it comes to home decor so I will gladly accept any an all input. 

Happy Friday Everyone!

1 comment :

  1. Oh I love the canvas! I'm a huge fan of the separate canvases and a picture to stretch across them all. You could totally do that in that space, and paint something like the first picture on there! I love the colors from the first picture. Either way you go you want to make sure the picture fits the space and isn't too much :)

    ReplyDelete