Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pinterest Fails+Sore Butts+Taco Carpet

SOooo, as of right now I look like a recovering lobotomy patient.

This is actually a lot better than it looked a few days ago. Need proof? Gotcha covered.
please ignore the creepy/crazy eyes. I took this to send to my bff and I knew she would enjoy some theatrical facial features.

Over the weekend I tried out a hair styling concept that I've actually tried several times before. It's no secret here that I am mildly obsessed with Pinterest (3,284 pins... how far is too far?). Well, one of my faves is a no-heat hair curling technique. What you're supposed to do is put on an elastic headband and wrap your hair in sections around it, sleep on it, and in the morning you wake up with soft curls that make you look like something out of a fairy tale book. Again, I've done this several times in the past and no problems whatsoever. Until now. My forehead has a nice four or five inch mark on it; every time I look in the mirror I can't help but picture Jack Nicholson at the end of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest", you know after he gets the lobotomy. 

The worst of the damage was earlier in the week when the red mark was also accompanied by a horrible acne breakout. It looked like I had barnacles growing on my face. 

I'm assuming that the headband I used is dirty, thus the breakout. Not sure the scientific reason behind the ugly red mark, if anyone has ideas, come at me. I still love this hair curling technique and I'll probably try it again, with a brand-spanking new headband.

As if having facial mollusks wasn't enough odd body issues for us, Toby has been battling an ugly diaper rash. The other day he was walking around holding his butt and I was walking around rubbing my forehead. I'm sure we were quite a sight. Thankfully we are fortified with lots of butt paste and a kiddie pool for when the little dude needs to be free of his diaper. Overall he's in good spirits, sore butt and all.

So fine in fact that he just dumped out the contents of a bottle of cumin he skillfully retrieved from the pantry.
Tacos anyone?
"Shawy mom!"

I'm starting to get used to this whole dumping things out phase. Cumin wasn't the worst of it. There was the nearly entire gallon of vinegar (you read that right), vanilla extract, and last week I think Toby tried to outdo himself with this sticky situation. *Sigh* mom life.

Okay, I'm off to research how to get rid of this stupid mark on my forehead...

1 comment :

  1. Ah, the adventures of being a mom...a creative, Pintrest-addicted one at that! Gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete